We're definitely into soup season now!! This is one our go-to for our meatless menu, especially on days where we're looking for a detox from our weekend indulgences or just need to throw dinner on the table quickly! And pretty healthy too, with all kale, white beans, and any other veggies you'd like it add! Just a simple Kale and White Bean Soup!
Its great because its very simple to make! And I've found that soups have become a really easy way to get my toddler to eat some veggies! He might pick out a few of the veggies that he has issues with (for whatever reason he may come up with at the time) but at the end of the meal, he will have downed a few bowls of this delicious veggie filled soup!
It's filled with veggies that we usually have on hand plus some pantry items like stock and canned beans. I like to add onions, garlic, carrots, celery and potatoes for additional flavor. We can prepare this meal without needing to plan ahead. But that does not mean its lacking in the flavor department! Let this soup simmer away and the flavors of the veggies will blow you away!
Finish this super hearty vegetarian kale and white bean soup off with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice to really bring out the flavors. Enjoy!!
Kale and White Bean Soup
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 stalks of celery diced
- 1 carrot diced
- 1 potato finely diced
- 1 14 oz can of white cannellini beans drained and rinsed
- 1 bunch kale leaves washed and roughly chopped
- 1 32 oz carton of veggie stock
- 3 cups water
- 1 bay leaf
- Juice of ½ - 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil on medium heat in a large pot. Add diced onions to oil to soften. Cook about 2 minutes.
- Add in the garlic and cook about 1 minute.
- Add in the celery and carrots. Cook for another minute.
- Add in the potato, beans, kale, veggie stock and water. Stir to combine. Add in the bay leaf and let simmer for about 40 minutes.
- The liquid should have reduced slightly. Taste and add in the salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- Allow to cool before serving!