These soft 5-ingredient almond butter cookies are the perfect, easy to make treat! All you need is almond butter, eggs, vanilla extract, brown sugar and salt!
With these few ingredients, there is no secret ingredient in this recipe. But there is a little trick to make these cookies. It's that you have to freeze them after scooping. After the dough is formed, scoop on to parchment paper. I like to make them fairly large scoops, so I use a ¼ cup measuring cup instead of a cookie scoop. The texture is soft and almost cakey!
Here are the 5 simple ingredients you need for these cookies:
- Almond Butter - I prefer to use almond butter is just pure nut butter, no sugar and no salt added
- Eggs - 2 large eggs for this recipe
- Vanilla Extract
- Brown Sugar - Either light brown or dark sugars work in this recipe, I used dark brown sugar because I like the flavor that the additional molasses lends to this cookies. It makes the cookies almost taste like toffee!
- Salt - It's so important to add a ice pinch of salt in these cookies, you really need it to cut the rich sweetness of these cookies.
How to make Almond Butter Cookies
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer. Blend until all of the ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Scoop the batter onto a parchment lined baking sheet. I like to make fairly large cookies, so I use ¼ cup measuring cup as my cookie scoop for these cookies.
- Freeze the scooped cookie batter for at least 30 minutes. If you are freezing for longer, flash freeze for 30 minutes. Then transfer the frozen cookie dough to a plastic freezer bag or freezer friendly container. Then bake whenever you are ready to enjoy a warm fresh baked cookie!
- Bake the cookies and enjoy! The cookies will keep in an airtight container for up to 6-7 days.
Tips for the Best Soft 5-Ingredient Almond Butter Cookies
- Combine the ingredients really well! You want to make sure that everything is really blended together nicely. Since there is no gluten, there is also no fear of over mixing these really.
- Scoop large cookies! To make soft almond butter cookies, I made the cookies thick!! I used a ¼ cup measuring cup as the cookie scoop.
- Freeze the cookie dough after scooping! It is really important to freeze the cookie dough after scoop. The batter will not hold its structured if its baked right away. Instead, freeze the scooped dough to ensure that the cookie bakes chewy on the outside and soft and moist on the inside!
Soft 5-Ingredient Almond Butter Cookies
- 1 ¾ cups brown sugar dark or light both work, packed
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ¾ cups almond butter unsalted
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- coarse sea salt optional
- Pre-heat oven to 350℉. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, whisk together brown sugar, eggs and vanilla. Whisk in the almond butter till completely blended.
- Using a ¼ cup measure or an ice cream scoop or a cookie scoop, scoop the dough onto your prepared baking sheet. Freeze for at least 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and place in the oven for 15-20 minutes (depending on the size of your cookies). They should look golden brown at the edges. If using dark brown sugar, they will be darker. Place the tray on a wire cooling rack for a minute or so and then transfer the cookies to the rack to cool completely.