How to create a dazzling fruit board with just a few fruits!
Still struggling to make an amazing looking charcuterie board? Why not take a step back and start with something easier but still show stopping? Like a dazzling fruit board! Lol! I know it does kinda sound boring, but it really does not have to be! This fruit board is super simple to assemble and so eye-catching no will be able to leave it alone! Plus its great for picky eaters (like kids!) and also anyone with dietary restrictions.
Tips for creating dazzling fruit boards:
- Use similar colored fruits! If you don't want to get too many fruits, stick to 1 or 2 colors. Then group the like colored fruits together, which will really emphasize the colors!
- Try to incorporate dried fruits into the platter too. Dried apricots, mangos, dates, cranberries are all great options for adding additional texture to a single colored fruit board.
- Incorporate an unexpected but related element, like a complimentary seasoning blend. Chili lime seasoning, roasted cumin (jeera) & salt, chili pepper & salt are all perfect compliments to sweet fruits. Add the dried seasoning in a small bowl on the board so everyone can seasoning to their own liking. (Also you do not want to add salt to fruits ahead of time, the salt will draw out of the water from the fruit and you'll be left with a mess on the platter!)
- Looking for a crunchy element for the board? Add some mixed nuts! Pistachios, almonds, cashews and peanuts are great additions to the any fruit platter.
- Need something to make the colors pop even more? Add some matching flowers to the board. There are edible flowers available in most grocery stores or just accent the borders with some blooms to fill the spaces.
Fruits by color
Red - Strawberries, cherries, raspberries, watermelon, apples
Orange - Oranges, mangoes, apricot, nectarines, peaches, cantaloupe, passionfruit
Yellow - Apples, pears, pineapple, starfruit
Green - Kiwi, grapes, pears
Blue/Purple - Blueberries, grapes, blackberries, figs, plums