Fajita Rice and Beans
One pan fajita rice and beans is an easy, vegetarian, Tex-Mex style dinner with leftover rice, canned black beans and peppers and onions.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup onion thinly sliced
- ½ cup bell peppers thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeño pepper thinly sliced and deseeded
- 2-3 cloves garlic finely minced
- 1 teaspoons ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ½ cup corn kernels frozen
- 1 15 oz black beans canned, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups cooked rice white or brown
- ¼-½ cup shredded cheese cheddar or monterey jack cheese
- 1 lime juice
- 1 tablespoon cilantro optional, chopped
In skillet on medium heat, melt butter. As butter melts add onions, bell peppers and jalapeno peppers. Cook for 2-3 minutes until tender.
Add minced garlic, cumin, chili powder, oregano. Stir to distribute and cook for another minute.
Add in corn, black beans and rice. Stir to combine. Cook for 4-5 minutes. Top with shredded cheese, cover and let melt for 2 minutes.
Serve with lime and additional toppings if desired.
Mention @sweetsimplemasala or tag #sweetsimplemasala!