How adorable are these white chocolate dipped tea biscuits!!
We started playing around with some Indian sweet/mitaai recipes for upcoming holidays. As Raksha Bandhan (the Indian ceremony where sisters tie a rakhi/bracelet on their brothers wrist) was fast approaching, we were trying to come up with fun sweets for our little toddler Shanaya to gift to her brother. At this age, any sweet is considered a treat but to incorporate something fun for them we starting playing around with one of their go-to snacks Indian biscuits: Parle-G
So this is definitely one of the cutest and most fun way we could think of to serve these Parle-G biscuits. White chocolate dipped tea biscuits decorated with rainbow sprinkles!
We boxed these cookies along with some other homemade sweets for Shanaya's Raksha Bandhan favors. But we loved sneaking a few of these tasty treats ourselves! They are perfect to add a little color and fun at your next kids birthday party, tea party, baby shower or just to have on hand as a treat for the kids!
Store them in an airtight container and they will last for weeks in the fridge. They are the perfect do it yourself, make-ahead treat!
What you need:
- Parle-G or your favorite biscuits
- white chocolate chips or white chocolate melting wafers
- Equipment: parchment lined baking sheet, bowl to melt chocolate
- Open Parle-G biscuit packages. Make sure the biscuits are all intact and as crumb-free as possible, sort out any broken ones.
- Arrange the biscuits on the parchment lined baking sheet so you know how many will fit on the sheet. Make sure to leave some space between each biscuit.
- Melt white chocolate chips or wafers in a double-boiler over water in a glass bowl or in the microwave in a microwave safe container.
- Once the chocolate is melted to a smooth consistency, dip the biscuits about half way into the chocolate, using the other half of the cookie as your handle.
- Lay the biscuits back on the parchment lined baking sheet to dry.
- Decorate with sprinkles before the chocolate dries.
- Place the baking sheet in the freezer for 1 hour to allow the chocolate to set quickly.
- Remove the biscuits from the sheet and enjoy!