The start of warmer days, also means the start of mango season, which means more of this sweet and creamy treat: vanilla cardamom mango shake! You just need two basic ingredients to make a mango shake, mango and milk. But the addition of vanilla, extract, cardamom powder and a finishing touch of coarse sea salt, really elevates this simple fruity beverage.
Vanilla Cardamom Mango Shake Ingredients
- Mango - you can use fresh or frozen. During the warm weather months, fresh mangos can be easily found in so many grocery stores that I highly recommend using fresh. But if you're craving this milkshake when mangos are not in season, grab a some frozen mango cubes
- Milk - feel free to use the type and variety of milk you prefer for this recipe. non-dairy milk will also work
- Vanilla extract - adds a warm, sweet flavor that pairs nicely with the mango
- Cardamom powder - an earthy, sweet spice that adds a spicy, floral note to the milkshake
- Salt - helps to break up the sweetness from the mango and elevates all of the flavors
- Sugar - optional, if the mangos you are using are not sweet enough, add a teaspoon or two of sugar to bring the sweetness up
How to make a mango shake or mango milkshake?
This vanilla cardamom mango shake is the easiest summer treat to make. First just get all of the ingredients together. Then dump everything into a blender. Blend until you get a smooth and creamy mixture. Check the consistency, make sure that you have a pourable concoction. Pour into glasses and enjoy!
Can I make this mango shake vegan or dairy free?
If you're looking for vegan or dairy-free mango shake, simple swap out the milk to almond milk or soy milk or your preferred non-dairy milk alternative.
You might also be interested in these other sweet mango treats:
- Mango Lassi Parfait
- Mango Vanilla Swirl Ice Cream (No-Churn)
- Creamy Mango Basil Popsicles
- Mango Spring Rolls
Vanilla Cardamom Mango Shake
- 1 cup mango peeled and cubed, fresh or frozen
- 1½ cup milk any type
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon coarse sea salt per taste
- 1 tablespoon sugar optional, use only if needed
- In a blender jar, combine all ingredients.
- Blend until smooth. If the consistency is too thick add another ¼ cup of milk and blend until smooth.
- Pour into glasses and serve immediately.