The start of warmer days, also means the start of mango season, which means more of this sweet and creamy treat: vanilla cardamom mango shake! You just need two basic ingredients to make a mango shake, mango and milk. But the addition of vanilla, extract, cardamom powder and a finishing touch of coarse sea salt, really elevates this simple fruity beverage.
Vanilla Cardamom Mango Shake Ingredients
- Mango - you can use fresh or frozen. During the warm weather months, fresh mangos can be easily found in so many grocery stores that I highly recommend using fresh. But if you're craving this milkshake when mangos are not in season, grab a some frozen mango cubes
- Milk - feel free to use the type and variety of milk you prefer for this recipe. non-dairy milk will also work
- Vanilla extract - adds a warm, sweet flavor that pairs nicely with the mango
- Cardamom powder - an earthy, sweet spice that adds a spicy, floral note to the milkshake
- Salt - helps to break up the sweetness from the mango and elevates all of the flavors
- Sugar - optional, if the mangos you are using are not sweet enough, add a teaspoon or two of sugar to bring the sweetness up
How to make a mango shake or mango milkshake?
This vanilla cardamom mango shake is the easiest summer treat to make. First just get all of the ingredients together. Then dump everything into a blender. Blend until you get a smooth and creamy mixture. Check the consistency, make sure that you have a pourable concoction. Pour into glasses and enjoy!
Can I make this mango shake vegan or dairy free?
If you're looking for vegan or dairy-free mango shake, simple swap out the milk to almond milk or soy milk or your preferred non-dairy milk alternative.
You might also be interested in these other sweet mango treats:
- Mango Lassi Parfait
- Mango Vanilla Swirl Ice Cream (No-Churn)
- Creamy Mango Basil Popsicles
- Mango Spring Rolls
Vanilla Cardamom Mango Shake
- 1 cup mango peeled and cubed, fresh or frozen
- 1½ cup milk any type
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon coarse sea salt per taste
- 1 tablespoon sugar optional, use only if needed
- In a blender jar, combine all ingredients.
- Blend until smooth. If the consistency is too thick add another ¼ cup of milk and blend until smooth.
- Pour into glasses and serve immediately.
I love mango, and this mango shake is fantastic; just adding that vanilla extract gives it extra flavour delicious 😉
Thank you! I just love the vanilla addition too!
I just love the color of this shake. I actually make vanilla and cardamom cookies because the two flavors go so well together, so I am glad you posted this easy to make drink, it's perfect for summer.
Thank you! I definitely agree!
Am already very excited to taste the shake! Can imagine the combination of mango, vanilla and cardamom well! Thanks for the idea!
Thanks! Yes it is so good together!
This is so good, my kids are obsessed with it! Love how bright and refreshing it is, especially now that it's getting hot where we live!
My kids love it so much too!
I absolutely love mango and cardamom but until today had never had them together; what a delicious combo!!! This shake was perfectly flavored and the texture was spot on. I will definitely be making it again!