Seasoned with tandoori seasoning and dunked in buffalo hot sauce, these crispy baked tandoori buffalo wings are a guaranteed hit!
How to Prep these Tandoori Buffalo Wings
All that is required for prepping these wings is to season them. Toss them around in some tandoori seasoning. Make sure its a dry spice blend. You really do not need a tandoori paste for this method. It is best to keep the moisture away from the wings in order for them to crisp up in the oven without a ton of oil.
You actually do not need to really prep the wings themselves. If you choose to cut the wings into sections here's a simple guide.
The Best Baked Wings Technique!
Now on to making these baked wings taste like their fried! Its a pretty simple process once you have the wings setup. Here's how I do it:
- Get a large baking sheet with an oven safe wire rack. Make sure that the wire rack fits easily inside the baking sheet and most importantly that it can be heated to the 425 degrees in the oven!
- Prepare the baking sheet by lining with aluminum foil. This step is not necessary, but it is for me because it makes clean up a whole lot easier. Who likes scrubbing down baking sheets??
- Place the wire rack inside the baking sheet and place the wings on the wire rack. Make sure to leave some space around each wing. This is key because once you put the wings in the oven, that's it. Set the timer, walk away, for 45 minutes. So much easier than frying!!
- The timer goes off and the wings are ready. Perfectly cooked, perfectly crispy, perfectly seasoned!
Tandoori Buffalo Sauce
Maybe it's not right to call it a sauce. It's actually just tandoori seasoning + buffalo sauce + melted butter! But this sauce definitely makes these wings!!
Crispy Oven Baked Tandoori Buffalo Wings
- 2 lb chicken wings
- 3 tablespoons tandoori seasoning divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ cup buffalo hot sauce I use Frank's
- 3 tablespoons butter
- chopped cilantro, thinly sliced onions Optional, for serving
- In a large mixing bowl, coat the wings with 2 tablespoons of tandoori seasoning, garlic powder and salt. If you have the time, cover the bowl and refrigerate for an hour. If not, just bake it.
- Prep a large baking sheet by lining with aluminum foil. Nest an oven safe wire rack in the baking sheet. Spray the wire rack with cooking spray.
- Place the chicken wings one at a time on to the wire rack. Make sure they are spaced at least an inch apart so there is room for all of the sides of the wings to get even heat. Bake at 425° for 45 minutes. Remove from oven, allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan. Add remaining 1 tablespoon of tandoori seasoning and hot sauce. Whisk to combine and let it come to a simmer.
- Place the cooked and cooled wings in a large mixing bowl, pour the tandoori buffalo sauce over the wings and gently toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with cilantro, if using. Serve warm with your favorite ranch or buffalo dipping sauce and onion slices