What do you get when you mash up spicy palak paneer with cheesy spinach and artichoke dip?? I present to you: spicy spinach and artichoke naan pizza!! I just love spinach and artichoke dip.
The first time I went to an Applebees and my friends ordered the spinach and artichoke dip, I was kinda reluctant. I didn't think I would like artichokes and I also wasn't sure about spinach as dip, I only knew of salsa and queso at that point lol! But now it's a favorite of mine, especially for get-togethers. Sometimes I just crave a little spinach and artichoke dip but there's not really any get togethers currently. So I just made a single serving version on a naan! But of course I had to spice it up a little!
Palak Paneer (Spinach and Cheese Curry)
Palak paneer is a traditional Indian dish made with spinach (palak) and cubed Indian cottage cheese (paneer). The dish involves making a green spicy sauce with spinach, onions, tomatoes and spices. The dish can be found on almost any Indian restaurant menu and pre-prepared entrees can now even be found in many supermarket freezer sections (Trader Joes, Whole Foods, Wegmans, etc)!
Spicy Spinach & Artichoke Dip
I love spinach and artichoke dip! There's just something unbeatable about that creamy cheesy bite of spinach and artichokes! There's usually tons of flavor from the cheeses (cream cheese, mozzarella and parmesan) and garlic.
But the one thats always missing is the heat! But I didn't want to just add some chili flakes to the dip. I decided to change it even more!
Spicy Spinach (Palak) & Artichoke Naan Pizzas
I flavored up spinach with garlic, onion and serrano peppers (that heat that's missing). Mixed that with the ricotta cheese as the base of the pizza. Think of as a white pizza thats very green! lol
The top it with marinated artichokes (so flavorful on their own!), fresh mozzarella cheese (need that melting factor that paneer just cannot give you), parmesan cheese for a nutty flavor.
This spicy spinach and artichoke naan pizza is so easy and so quick to make, its the perfect weekend lunch! Very little time or effort required! Plus you'll gobble them down just as quickly too!
You might also be interested in Everything Naan Cilantro Cream Cheese, Tikka Masala Stuffed Crust Pizza, Jalapeno Cheese Idli with Sambar
Spicy Spinach and Artichoke Naan Pizza
- 2 teaspoons cooking oil
- ¼ red onion diced
- 1 serrano pepper diced
- 5 oz baby spinach chopped
- 1 garlic clove grated
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- pinch black pepper
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 4-6 ounces fresh mozzarella sliced or cubed
- 2 artichokes jarred and marinated, chopped
- 3 naan
- 3 teaspoons parmesan cheese grated
- 2 tablespoons cherry tomatoes chopped
- Heat cooking oil in a medium saute pan on medium heat. Add red onion and serrano peppers. Cook for 1 minute. Add chopped spinach and garlic. Stir and cook until the spinach wilts down, about 5 minutes. Add the ground cumin, salt, black pepper, stir and cook for another minute. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 400°F, line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, gently stir together ricotta cheese and spinach mixture.
- Spread ricotta mixture evenly over naan. Top with artichokes, fresh mozzarella, parmesan cheese. (Optional additional thin slices of serrano pepper)
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the mozzarella melts. Top with chopped cherry tomatoes and crushed red pepper (optional). Slice and serve right away.
This sounds absolutely delicious and I wouldn’t have thought I’d that flavour combo! A must try!
thanks Freya! Yea sometimes I get tired of tomato sauce and a nice white pizza is with toppings is not super common.
I cannot wait to try this delicious recipe! I love spinach and artichoke dip but the idea of spicing it up and putting it on a pizza is fantastic.
Thanks Brynn, I just couldn't help myself with the peppers! Sometimes that extra heat actually helps to cut through all the cheesiness!
Wow, I love the way you managed to use naan in a pizza kinda way. A great recipe to share with friends while chatting on a weekend evening.
Thanks! Glad you liked it!
Oh! this is such a great idea! my boys will be asking for this every day
Yes! its perfect for an easy homemade pizza!
I think I never tried this combo. But I will definitely do it now. Looks delicious. I love these mini naan pizzas. What a great idea. I can't wait to make this.
Thanks! It is an amazing combination!