These spicy lemon herb tuna wraps are one of my staples for easy, healthy, flavorful lunches. They are just bursting with flavor and yet they are so easy to put together. You only need a few minutes. Its so perfect for a quick lunch or even a quick dinner.
Get a Good Canned Tuna!
The secret ingredient is actually not anything spectacular. It is just a can of good quality tuna packed in extra virgin olive oil. This is one my favorites to get for this recipe. The tuna packed in olive oil is key because the tuna tastes so different. It's actually a very mild flavored tuna. Plus I noticed that the quality of tuna is different too. The tuna has a much nicer texture, real tuna flakes.
Spicy Lemon Herb Tuna Wrap With No Mayo!
Now the other secret in what makes these spicy lemon herb tuna wraps so fabulous is the fact that its not your typical cold tuna salad with loads of mayonnaise. Actually there's no mayo in this dish at all!
So avocado and spiced tuna wrap is amazing because its a hot lunch! Hot and spicy tuna avocado wrap really!! Pairing good quality canned tuna with tons of fresh ingredients and you've got yourself a healthy lunch that's packed with flavor!
How can I make a tuna wrap/sandwich without mayonnaise?
Just check out how simple the process really is:
- Saute flavorful veggies in a little olive oil
- Add in the tuna and mix in a handful of fresh herbs and the juice of a lemon.
- Pile the tuna mixture into a tortilla with avocado for a wrap or even mix it up with some chickpeas for a salad. Its so flavor packed and fresh and texture full!
Spicy Lemon Herb Tuna Wrap
Spicy Lemon Herb Tuna
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tuna can packed in extra virgin olive oil
- 3 scallions thinly sliced
- 1-2 small green chilis
- 1 garlic freshly grated
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup cilantro chopped
- ¼ cup parsley chopped
- ¼ cup basil chopped
- 1 lemon
For the wraps
- 2 whole wheat tortillas
- 1 avocado sliced
- ½ cup romaine lettuce chopped
- In a large frying pan, heat olive oil on medium high heat. Add scallions, garlic and green chili. Cook for about 3-4 minutes until mixture has softened. Add salt and cumin, stir to combine. Add entire can of tuna (including the olive oil from the can. Mix to incorporate everything together. You may have to break up the tuna into small chunks. Cook about another 3 minutes, to heat the tuna through.
- Remove from heat, add the chopped parsley, cilantro, basil and squeeze the lemon over and gently mix everything together.
- In each tortilla arrange: lettuce, avocado slices and divide the tuna mixture between the wraps. Best enjoyed warm!