Saucy shrimp with feta and olives makes such an elegant dinner, its almost hard to believe that it only takes 20 minutes to make! I just love easy dinners that seem like they are harder to make! This is my take on the saucy shrimp from Bonefish Grill. I just love that tomato and garlic sauce with the shrimp. That with a couple slices of bread and I'm good!
The sauce is sweet and creamy and full of flavor from cherry tomatoes and garlic! Then the whole dish is topped with bursts of saltiness from the chunks of feta cheese and chopped olives. Its almost like the shrimp are an after thought, but this sauce is just so good!! The perfect compliment to sweet shrimp!
What's in Saucy Shrimp?
- Fresh Shrimp - Using fresh shrimp really helps to keep this meal super quick! Frozen shrimp can be used in a pinch but you have to got through the extra step of defrosting the shrimp before adding to the pan.
- Cherry Tomatoes - cherry tomatoes provide a nice sweet flavor that pairs perfectly with shrimp
- Fresh Chopped Garlic - an essential ingredient with shrimp!
- Heavy Cream
- Tomato Paste
- Fat: olive oil & butter
- Seasoning: sugar, salt, pepper
- Finishing touches: feta cheese, Kalamata olives, fresh herbs like dill, cilantro, parsley
How to make saucy shrimp with feta and olives
Develop the flavors of the cherry tomatoes and garlic! Cook the cherry tomatoes until you get a slight char on them, then add in the chopped garlic to flavor the oil.
Once the tomatoes and garlic are cooked, you really just need to start getting everything else into the pan!
So first cook the shrimp, ensuring you get some nice color on both sides. Then just add in the rest of the sauce ingredients: butter, seasoning, tomato paste and heavy cream. The heavy cream and butter will create that creamy sauce!
Lastly, just top the dish with feta cheese, chopped Kalamata olives and fresh chopped herbs. Its a delicious, sweet and salty dish! Best served with some crusty bread to dunk into all that saucy goodness!
You might also be interested in: Shrimp Tikka Masala with Gobi Grits, Baked Masala Fish Tacos, Spicy Tomato Garlic Salmon
Saucy Shrimp with Feta Cheese and Olives
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 ounces cherry tomatoes halved
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pound shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ⅓ cup kalamata olives drained and chopped
- ⅓ cup feta cheese crumbled
- salt and pepper to taste
- dill chopped, optional
- cilantro chopped optional
- parsley chopped, optional
- In a large sauce pan, heat olive oil to medium high heat. Add cherry tomato halves to olive oil and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. You want to get some brown on the tomatoes.
- Add the chopped garlic to the oil and tomatoes, stir so the garlic does not brown. Add shrimp to the oil and let the shrimp brown on my both sides, about 3 minutes per side.
- Add tomato paste, butter, and sugar (plus some salt and pepper), stir to coat everything. Add in the heavy cream, let the sauce come to a simmer for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, top with feta cheese, olives and chopped dill, cilantro and parsley.
Leave a Reply