These rose glazed funfetti donuts are the perfect treat for any morning, but especially for a special occasion! They are super colorful, infused with almond and rose flavors and couldn't be simpler to make!
How perfect are these sweet little treats for Holi?
What is Holi?
Holi is a popular Hindu festival that is celebrated in India. It is also known as the festival of colors, the festival of love and the festival of spring. The festival celebrates the start of spring, the beginning of harvest season and symbolizes blossoming love. It is now widely known as spring festival where colored water and powders are thrown around and smeared on everyone participating.
But what about the food? It's a festival after all, so it all about the indulgence. Gujiyas or ghughras are commonly made to enjoy during Holi (check out those Ghughra Sweet Rolls for a fun twist on the sweet treat!) and different types are chaats always a fun way to ring in any festivity!
This fun and colorful sherbet cake is also an easy and fun Holi-inspired treat to make with kids.
Small Batch Rose Glazed Funfetti Donuts
One of the best thing about this recipe is that its a small batch baked donut recipe! I mean you can literally make this recipe every week and have hot, fresh donuts all the time!
What ingredients are in Baked Funfetti Donuts?
All you need are simple ingredients to make these baked donuts.
- All purpose flour- you can also use gluten free flour
- Egg - just 1 needed for this small batch recipe
- Milk - you can use any type of milk (dairy or non-dairy) that you prefer
- Butter - melted
- Almond Extract - provides a nice sweet, nutty flavor. You can also substitute with vanilla extract if you prefer
- Sugar - granulated sugar for the batter
- Sprinkles - it is a funfetti donuts after all!
- Baking Powder
How you make Rose Glazed Funfetti Donuts?
- First make the donut batter. It comes together pretty easily. All you need is one mixing bowl. Start by combining all of the wet ingredients: melted butter, egg, almond extract, sugar and milk.
- Then add in the dry ingredients: flour, salt, baking powder.
- Gently fold in the sprinkles
- Pipe or spoon the funfetti donut batter into a cooking sprayed donut pan and bake.
- Wait for the donuts to cool before you glaze them!
How do you make a rose glaze for donuts?
This pretty shade of pink glaze comes rose syrup! All you need to do is whisk together rose syrup, powdered sugar and milk together to make the glaze. You can also add a pinch of salt to lessen the sweetness of the glaze.
The glaze part is easy, just dip each donut into the bowl of glaze and twist to coat as much of the surface as possible. Top with additional sprinkles or even edible dried rose petals if you want!
For other fun flavored donuts, check out:
Rose Glazed Funfetti Donuts
Funfetti Almond Donuts
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sprinkles
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons rose syrup
- 1 tablespoon milk
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sprinkles optional
- 1 teaspoon edible dried rose petals optional
Funfetti Almond Donuts
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray donut pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the egg, melted butter, milk, sugar, almond extract together with a rubber spatula in a bowl.
- Add in the baking powder, salt and flour, mix to incorporate. Stir in the sprinkles.
- Spoon the batter into a donut pan or fill a piping bag and pipe the batter into the pan. Bake the donuts for 15-17 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let the donuts cool in the pan for 5 minutes before turning them out onto a cooling rack.
Dip into Rose Glaze
- Use a whisk to combine all of the ingredients for the rose glaze in a small bowl. You are looking for a thick glaze so add milk a little at a time, it will be thicker in the beginning.
- Dip each donut, face down in the rose glaze and top with additional sprinkles and edible rose petals if desired. Place on the cooling rack to set. The coating will set within 10 minutes.