These raspberry puff pastry donuts are a quick and easy breakfast treat to make at home! All you really need is a some puff pastry sheets and raspberry jam! Of course, I also love to add a bit of sweetened cream cheese filling. I think it pairs so nicely with the sweet and tart raspberry flavor! They are just too hard to turn down.
- Raspberry Jam - so simple, I mean you could just stop here. That's all you need! You can really use any flavor jam here. Cherry and strawberry would pair really well with the cream cheese filling too! This Lavender Berry Jam is a really great option too!
For a little extra!
- Cream Cheese
- Powdered Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
I use store bought puff pastry sheets for this recipe. We are looking for an easy breakfast recipe after all!
How to make Raspberry Puff Pastry Donuts
- If you're making the cream cheese filling, mix the ingredients of that filling all together and set it aside.
- Roll out the puff pastry sheets slightly to get an even surface. Use a cookie cutter, biscuit cutter or the bottom of a glass and knife to cut out the hearts or shapes of your donuts.
- Place half of the cut out shapes on a parchment lined baking sheet
- Put about a tablespoon of the cream cheese filling and a tablespoon of the raspberry jam in the center of the puff pastry cut outs. Brush the edges with egg wash, place the second puff pastry cut-out over and press the edges to seal.
- Bake, dust with powdered sugar if desired and serve!
These donuts are a fun treat for the kids to help out with too!
Raspberry Cream Cheese Puff Pastry Donuts
- 2 puff pastry sheets 1 package contains 2 sheets
- ¼ cup raspberry jam
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons powdered sugar plus additional for dusting
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 egg plus some water for egg wash
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set it aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla mix with a rubber spatula or a hand mixer until combined. Add a tablespoon of milk at a time to help mix if needed. Set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out puff pastry sheet to smooth out. Using a 3 inch biscuit cutter, cookie cutter or bottom of glass cut out rounds or shapes from the puff pastry sheets. Make sure to cut out an even number for the top and bottom of the donuts.
- Place half of the cut outs on a parchment lined baking sheet. Spoon a teaspoon of cream cheese filling and a teaspoon of raspberry jam onto the center of the puff pastry cutouts.
- Beat egg and water in a small bowl, brush egg wash around the edges of the puff pastry cut outs. Top with the other half and press the edges to seal.
- Bake for about 15-17 minutes. Remove from oven and cool for 10 minutes before sprinkling with powdered sugar.
Adapted from recipe