Pink and white peppermint cookies are a holiday spin on the classic deli favorite, Black and White Cookies. They are a soft, sweet bite of vanilla and pink peppermint! I made a similar black and white cookie variation over the summer with these Orange and White Cookies. They are so good! So soft and nostalgic! We just fell in love. So I had to make a holiday flavored one. These year, I am adding these pink and white peppermint cookies to our holiday cookie line-up!
Pink and White Peppermint Cookies
These cookies are based on black and white cookies. The cookie itself is very soft and cake-like! Actually the cookie dough is more of a cake batter than a regular cookie dough. The best way to portion out the cookies is using an ice cream scoop or a cookie scoop so you can get uniform, even cookie dough balls.
Pink Peppermint Glaze
I start out with a single base and get the sugars and milk all mixed together in the perfect consistency. Then I divide the glaze equally into two bowls and add the smallest speck of red food coloring and a touch of peppermint extract to one of the glazes to make the pink peppermint glaze.
You can definitely play around with the glazes at this point. Feel free to flavor it whatever flavors you prefer! And whatever colors you like! You can make it a peppermint mocha flavor with coffee granules and cocoa powder!
Now you are ready to glaze the cookies, flip the cookies upside down because you will be glazing the flat bottoms of these cookies! Then carefully glaze one half of each cookie with the white glaze and then the other half with the pink peppermint glaze. Set on the cooling rack to let the glaze set.
For more holiday inspired treats, check out:
Pink and White Peppermint Cookies
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup butter 1 stick (softened to room temperature)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste substitute vanilla extract
- ½ cup whole milk yogurt
White & Pink Glazes
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1½ tablespoons light corn syrup
- ½ teaspoon peppermint extract
- 4 tablespoons milk I used whole milk
- 1 salt pinch
- 2 tablespoon crushed peppermint candies
- 1 drop red food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a bowl, combine together the flour, baking powder and salt then set aside.
- In a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, then add the vanilla. Add the yogurt and mix until combined.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Cookie dough is soft like cake batter. Scoop using an ice cream scoop or cookie scoop about 2 tablespoons of the batter onto the parchment paper lined baking sheet about 2 to 3 inches apart. Bake for 12-14 minutes. Cool slightly before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Vanilla & Pink Glaze
- Combine all of the powdered sugar, light corn syrup, vanilla extract, salt into a small bowl. Add about 2 tablespoons of the milk to start and slowly start whisking together. Add an additional tablespoon of milk at a time until the consistency is thick but spreadable.
- Pour half of the glaze into another small bowl, add the peppermint extract and 1 drop of red food color to the glaze and whisk slowly. Add an additional teaspoon of milk at a time if the glaze is too thick.
- To glaze the cookies: flip the cookies over and glaze half of the cookies with the vanilla glaze and the other half with the pink glaze. Decorate with crushed peppermint candies or sprinkles, if desired. Return the glazed cookies to the cooling rack and let set for about 30 minutes to an hour.