These peanut butter pretzel oatmeal cookies are like a cookie version of a really good granola bar! The texture of these cookies is everything! The chewy nutty peanut butter oatmeal with the chunks of chocolate and pieces of salted pretzels!
Perfect for an after school snack or dessert! Peanut butter, chocolate, pretzels all in a perfectly chewy oatmeal cookie!
Let's talk about what's in these cookie! Or maybe I should I say, what's not in these cookies, because I know it sounds like just about anything you can throw into cookies is in this cookie recipe! But that's how you know its going to be the most amazing cookie!
Ingredients for these Peanut Butter Pretzel Oatmeal Cookies
- Peanut Butter - Creamy peanut butter for the perfect texture in this cookie recipe.
- Rolled Oats - You need the old-fashioned rolled oats for this recipe. Do not substitute with steel cut oats or Instant oatmeal for this! Completely different texture and cooking time.
- Chocolate - Any type of chocolate you choose for this! I really like semi-sweet chocolate chunks because they textures of the big chocolate pieces really stand out against the pretzels and oatmeal!
- Pretzels - Try to grab some regular salted pretzels for this recipe
If that's not even for you, go the extra step and decorate them with a little chocolate drizzle, pretzels pieces and chopped peanuts! I mean, these cookies are perfect on their own, but taking the extra few minutes to add that little bit of chocolate and crunch on top just make them irresistible!
One of my favorite part of this recipe is actually the batch size. So many cookie recipes make an enormous number of cookies and as much I love cookies, I'd rather have them for a small indulgent treat for a few days and not feel too guilty about it. This batch makes about 24 small cookies which is perfect for a couple days of snacks and desserts. But if you are looking for more cookies, the recipe is very easy to double or more!
You might also be interested in these cookie recipes: Coconut Almond Butter Cookies, Orange and White Cookies, Soft Pumpkin Chai Snickerdoodles, Rose Tea Cake Cookies
Peanut Butter Pretzel Oatmeal Cookies with Chocolate
- ¾ cup all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup peanut butter creamy
- ½ cup butter softened
- ¼ cup light brown sugar packed
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup pretzels crushed
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- ¼ cup pretzels crushed
- ¼ cup peanuts crushed
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together butter and peanut butter on medium speed until well combined. Add the sugars and beat on medium speed until light and fluffy about 2 minutes.
- Add in the egg and vanilla extract on medium speed until well combined. Scrape the bowl as needed.
- Add the flour mixture and rolled oats, mixing just until combined. Add in the chocolate chips and crushed pretzels, mix until just combined or gently fold in.
- Scoop 2 tablespoons of cookie dough onto the parchment lined baking sheet, placing each cookie about 2 inches apart. Bake for about 12-14 minutes. Let cookies cool on the pan for 5 minutes. Remove to cooling rack.
- Optional melt chocolate chips in a microwaveable bowl, spoon melted chocolate into a small plastic baggy. Snip a small corner of the baggy and quickly drizzle chocolate over the cookies. Before the chocolate sets, quickly sprinkle the crushed pretzels and peanuts over the cookies.
Adapted from recipe
These cookies combined all of my favorites! They were so delicious, thanks!
Thank you Amanda! The flavors are so good together!!
OMG these are soooo tasty!!! love the salty pretzels with is
Thanks! So glad you liked them!
Yum! These cookies look so delicious! Love the added prezels! Thanks for sharing!
Yes the pretzels are a nice surprise!
Mihaela | https://theworldisanoyster.com/
I am tempted to use all the optional toppings at once! Nice cookie:)
Yea I don't blame you! I can't help myself either!
Holy to die for cookie recipe! This is like a kid's dream!! And these are beautiful!
Thank you! I gotta admit it makes me feel like a kid again, making these!