This peanut butter monster trail mix is filled with all of my kiddos favorite peanut buttery bites! I mean, we're talking: peanut butter filled pretzels, candy coated peanut butter candies, peanut butter chips, not to mention actual dry roasted peanuts!! Plus I like to throw in a nice healthy handful of chocolate covered raisins. Its adds the perfect sweet and tart break from the nuttiness of the entire mix, which kinda reminds me of the classic peanut butter and jelly flavor.
We love having a variety of snack mixes on hand and the peanut butter monster ones never lasted more than a few days! So instead of buying out the trail mix shelves, I knew I needed to make it at home! This is actually a copycat of the Peanut Butter Monster Mix you can find at Target. It is one of our very favorite trail mix recipes but it turns out its also one of the easiest snack mixes you can make at home!
What is in this Peanut Butter Monster Trail Mix?
- Peanuts - I use dry roasted unsalted peanuts. Dry roasted gives you the right crunch and unsalted helps to control the salt levels of the mix.
- Peanut butter chips - These peanut butter chips add pure peanut butter flavor!
- Candy coated peanut butter - How can you make a peanut butter monster trail mix without Reese's pieces!? I think its great they come in shareable sizes so its perfect to have on hand for recipes.
- Peanut butter filled pretzels - I mean these are a great snack on their own but they give this trail mix such a nice salty crunch too.
- Chocolate covered raisins - Take your pick, milk chocolate or dark chocolate. Now maybe some would argue that Chocolate Raisinets do not belong in a peanut butter monster mix, but I really do they do!
The perfect after school snack!
You can definitely add even more peanut butter goodness in the form of mini peanut butter cups or other peanut flavored bites. But I like to keep this mix balanced between the sweet and salty. Especially because this is a go-to for my kids after school. They love it because of its sweet and peanut buttery! But it also gives them a little burst of energy and protein!
Peanut butter monster trail mix also makes for the perfect on the go snack! Great for day trips, camping or hiking, really anywhere! It stores well in little plastic baggies or travel containers. And I'm not going to lie, the adults in the house love this mix too!
For more kids snack ideas:
- Sweet & Spicy Popcorn Mixes
- Kashmiri Chili and Cheese Popcorn
- Chaat Masala Mixed Nuts
- Coco-Nutty Energy Ladoos
- Small Batch Funfetti Chip Cookies
Peanut Butter Monster Trail Mix
- 1 cup peanuts dry roasted, salted or unsalted
- 1 cup peanut butter filled pretzels
- ½ cup peanut butter chips
- ½ cup peanut butter candies
- ½ cup chocolate covered raisins
- Add all ingredients to an airtight container. Close the container, shake to mix.
- Store at room temperature in a cool dry place to ensure freshness.