This mint cookies and cream milkshake puts the shamrock shake to shame! I mean not only is not limited to a few short weeks of the year but it has chocolate chips and cookies in it!! Sorry but I which shake I'm reaching for every time!!
What's in a Mint Cookies and Cream Milkshake?
- Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream - Just grab your favorite brand of the classic flavor!
- Chocolate Sandwich cookies - I mean, you know which cookies we're talking about right? Oreos!
- Milk - Your choice of dairy or non-dairy milk
How do you make the most perfect milkshake?
The key is in the ratio of ice cream to milk. If you're looking for a thick milkshake (which this recipe is!), you need the smallest amount of milk. If you need a thinner consistency for your milkshakes, slowly add a bit more. Because remember, you can't take it out once you've added it and the ice cream will melt!
How do I keep the Mint Cookies and Cream Milkshake green?
So make sure you bought the mint green ice cream! I actually love the natural mint chocolate chip ice creams, which are just white and studded with chips! But if we're trying to elevate the classic Shamrock Shake, I thing its only right that its at least still green.
Now, the key is simply waiting to add the cookies to the milkshake. Normally, I'd say, just throw everything into the blender and you're good to go! But for this minty green milkshake, you want to crush the Oreo's separately, blend the blend milkshake and then just fold the Oreo crumbs into the milkshake. Now you're good to go with the minty green cookies and cream milkshake!
If you want to take this milk shake to the next level!
Let's top it with whipped cream! Grab your favorite whipped cream and go crazy with it!
You can also make fresh whipped cream with a little heavy cream, sugar and vanilla!
How to decorate the rim of your glass
And if you want to go even further, decorate the rim of the glass. First use a spatula or butterknife to spread icing on the rim. I like to use chocolate icing to perfectly compliment the chocolatey flavors in the milkshake.
Then crush a few more Oreos and transfer the cookie crumbs to a small plate. If you want even more texture, grab some chocolate chips and toss them onto the plate along with the crushed cookie crumbs. Then just dip the rim of the glass into the glass and rotate so you get the entire rim coated in cookie crumbs and chocolate chips.
You might also be interested in these sweet minty treats: Pot of Gold Cupcakes, Strawberry Mint Aqua Fresca Pink and White Peppermint Cookies
Mint Cookies and Cream Milkshake
Mint Cookies and Cream Milkshake
- 3-4 scoops mint chocolate chip ice cream
- ¼ cup milk your choice, whole, skim, almond, etc.
- 5-6 chocolate vanilla cream sandwich cookies Oreos, crushed
Chocolate Chip Cookie Rim (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chocolate frosting
- 3-4 chocolate vanilla cream sandwich cookies crushed
- 1 tablespoon chocolate chips
- whipped cream optional, for topping
- In a blender jar, combine mint chocolate chip ice cream and milk. Blend until smooth. Adjust milk according to your desired consistency.
- Fold in crushed cookie crumbs (if you throw the cookies into the blender your milkshake will turn completely gray, still taste amazing though)
- To decorate the glasses, use a butterknife or spatula to apply chocolate frosting along the outer edge of the rim. Crush the additional cookies and transfer the crumbs to a small plate. Add chocolate chips to the crumbs. Dip the chocolate frosting rimmed glasses into the cookie and chocolate chips. Rotate the cups to completely cover the rims.
- Pour the milkshake into the glasses and top with whipped cream!
This looks beyond delicious. I bet my son would love this. I just saved your recipe. I'm going to make it tomorrow. Thanks!
Thanks!! Its really so good!
This was delish!