This is such a delicious fusion of Mexican street style corn mashed together with a classic rice and beans! This is the upgraded side dish you need this summer! So full of flavor with jalapeños, scallions, garlic, lime, cilantro and grilled sweet corn! Will you really be able to eat just a simple rice and beans after this??
Is anyone else obsessed with Mexican street corn during summer or is it just me? OK but when you see a plain corn on the cob and then you see one dressed up with all that flavor, is there really even a debate? I just really love how all of the ingredients are bursting with flavor and yet the corn is still the star of the dish even with everything else that is going on in there.
What ingredients are in Mexican Street Corn Rice & Beans?
- The Dressing
But what's in the Mexican street corn dressing?
Its a creamy delicious explosion of the flavor! Spicy, tangy, savory and smokey! No crazy ingredients but everything just works together.
- Parmesan cheese
- Smoked Paprika
So easy to make!
I like to prep most of the ingredients while everything is cooking!
- So first off get your rice and corn cooking! If you're having a barbecue, get someone to grill that corn!
- While that's happening, get the dressing all mixed up. Luckily, it's a pretty straightforward dump of all the ingredients into a mixing bowl. Since the dressing is also full of veggies, it will be pretty chunky! You can chop everything even finer, but I really like all the textures in this dish.
- Once the corn is ready, cut it off the cob.
- Grab a big mixing bowl and combine the rice, beans, corn and dressing! (Try not to devour the whole bowl before serving!)
This Mexican street corn rice and beans would be perfect with Peruvian Style Grilled Chicken!
You might also be interested in Scallion Garlic Indian Fried Rice, Baked Chicken Taquito Nachos, Roasted Salsa Verde Guacamole, Jalapeño Margaritas
Mexican Street Corn Rice & Beans
Rice and Beans
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice I use basmati
- 1 15.5 oz can black beans drained and rinsed
- 3-4 ears of corn grilled, corn cut off the cob
- 1 tablespoon cilantro chopped
- 1 scallion diced
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1 garlic clove grated
- 1 lime juice and zested
- 1 jalapeno diced
- 3 scallions diced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons cilantro chopped
- salt & pepper
- Start making rice according to the package instructions. While the rice is cooking, prep the dressing.
Make the Dressing
- In a large bowl, combine mayonnaise, garlic, lime zest, lime juice, parmesan cheese, cumin, smoked paprika, scallions, jalapeños, and cilantro. Stir to combine. Set aside.
Make the Rice and Beans
- While rice is still hot, transfer rice to a large bowl to better mix everything. Add drained and rinsed black beans, grilled corn (cut off the cob, scallions, and cilantro to the rice and stir to combine.
- Right before serving, either mix the dressing into the rice, beans and corn mixture or serve the dressing on top.
So flavorful! I loved this side dish.
Yum! This corn mexican street corn over rice was delicious!
Yess! Thank you! Its definitely a family favorite!
My daughter's new favourite recipe! thank you so much for this, I will make it again, it was absolutely delicious!
Thank you so much! That's amazing! I'm so obsessed with Mexican street corn that I'm finding other ways to eat it!