This easy 3 ingredient hot matcha latte with almond milk is the perfect pick me up breakfast drink for those days you're looking for something other than coffee!
For me, this hot almond matcha latte is the perfect way to start the day, especially on cold, gray winter mornings. Its the perfect cozy drink to give you a boost of energy to start the day and a heavy dose of healthy antioxidant properties as well.
Plus this latte recipe is so easy, you'll be wondering why you were making a trip to Starbucks for a matcha latte in the first place!
- Matcha Powder - I use this one, I love that its organic, has a natural earthy flavor and the pouch that it comes in stores away neatly too!
- Almond Milk - Use your preferred brand and flavor. I usually use plain unsweetened almond milk but I do love the vanilla almond milk in this latte
- Water - hot, almost boiling water to mix & froth the matcha
- Optional - You can also add in additional sweeteners or flavorings as you please. Sweeteners like honey, agave, sugar, etc. Flavors such as vanilla, cinnamon.
How to make a Matcha Latte with Almond Milk
- Froth matcha powder - In a small bowl, scoop about a teaspoon or 2 of matcha powder, pour hot (just under boiling water) over the matcha powder, and using a frother or a matcha whisk (chasen) whisk the matcha and water for a few seconds until combined and frothy
- Warm almond milk - You can use the microwave, stovetop or a milk frother. If you are adding sweetener or flavoring to the latte, add it to the almond milk before heating so it will be mixed in.
- Pour matcha powder over warmed milk - Simply pour the frothed matcha over the warmed almond milk and enjoy!
Best served with Matcha Blueberry Muffins
Matcha Latte with Almond Milk
- 1-2 teaspoons Matcha Powder
- 1 cup Almond Milk
- 1-2 ounces Water
- sweetener : honey, agave, sugar optional
- flavoring: vanilla extract, cinnamon, etc. optional
- In a small bowl, combine matcha powder and hot water. Using a matcha whisk or frother, whisk together until frothy. Set aside.
- Heat almond milk. You can use the microwave, stovetop or a milk frother. If using sweetener or flavorings, add before warming almond milk. Pour warmed almond milk in a mug.
- Pour frothed matcha mixture over warmed almond milk, stir to combine and enjoy.