Spicy Kashmiri chili and cheese popcorn is so addicting! There's just something about the combination of cheese and heat that pair so well together! Its like a flaming hot popcorn! All you need is some hot, freshly popped popcorn, butter, Kashmiri chili powder and cheddar cheese powder!
Believe me, you will not be able to sit down with a regular bag of popcorn once you try this simple but super addictive seasoning. Its slightly spicy, super cheesy, buttery and perfectly salty!
What's Kashmiri Chili?
Kashmiri chili is actually a mild heat chili powder. Known more for the bright red hue it provides than the heat level. Kashmiri chili also provides a subtle fruity, tangy flavor that sets it apart from other chili powders and paprika. It's a great seasoning for tandoori chicken or tikka masalas.
4 Ingredients is all you need!
- Popcorn - freshly popped, doesn't matter you pop it just makes sure its still hot so the seasoning sticks easily!
- Butter - I would recommend unsalted butter because the cheddar cheese and even the popcorn make already have some salt
- Kashmiri chili powder - can be found easily in Indian grocery stores or online
- Cheddar cheese powder - I like to use this one. It's already made for popcorn and gives you that perfect cheesy flavor without any hassle
Kashmiri chili and cheese popcorn is the perfect addition to any movie night. Just make sure you also make some other flavors that are kid friendly, check out the Party Animals mix and the Spicy Cajun Garlic popcorn from here.
Kashmiri Chili and Cheese Popcorn
- 1 3.0 oz bag popcorn popped
- 1 tablespoon cheddar cheese powder
- 1 teaspoon kashmiri chili powder
- 2 tablespoons butter
- As your popcorn is popping in the microwave, melt butter in a small saucepan. Once butter melts, add kashmiri chili powder to the butter. Stir and remove from heat.
- Once the popcorn is popped, transfer warm popcorn to a large bowl, drizzle kashmiri chilli seasoned butter over the popcorn and toss to distribute. Sprinkle the cheese powder immediately so they stick to the popcorn.