Have you gotten a chance to do anything quintessentially fall?
We went apple picking last weekend and its really just the perfect fall event! Right?
- Crisp, cool fresh air (of course the weekend we go it was so cold we had to bundle up in our winter gear!)
- Beautiful colors of fall everywhere you look
- Sweet, delicious apples straight from the trees
- Gigantic pumpkins for the perfect fall photo ops 😉
- Returning home with a bag full of apples to make lots of apple pie with (recipes ideas anyone!?!)
Apple picking is always a successful event for us. It gets everyone outside for some fresh air. Jaiden actually loves being outside in the Fall weather too!
He also loves picking apples right from the trees! And he gets a chance to run around through the open fields. Its getting easier for us to take him now that he's not relying on the stroller as much too! It's much easier to navigate the grass fields without having to push a stroller around on sometimes uneven terrain.
Plus he loves cheesing it up from pictures! See him posing with the apples, the pumpkins or just in the middle of nowhere!
Now to get ready for Halloween!
I love any fruit picking! I need to learn to plan what to do with the fruit before I pick it, though,, Otherwise, I end up with a box full of soggy goods. I like the idea of apple pie, uses a good number of apples. Or applesauce!
We have yet to try the other fruit picking events throughout the summer! Would love to do the berry picking though!! I totally understand want you mean about the soggy goods. Its like I need to pre-bake some things, so all I have to do is add the fruit once we have it home!!