What's your go-to bagel order? Mine is an everything bagel with scallion cream cheese. I mean, 95% of the time when we get bagels this is my order. I just love the everything seasoning on a slightly toasted bagel (toasted but still soft and chewy!) that's loaded with cream cheese with fresh scallions. Thinking of my go-to bagel order, I wanted to make an Indian version so I came up with this everything naan with cilantro cream cheese.
This cream cheese is so good!
Its like a mash up of scallion cream cheese + cilantro chutney! (But not in a messy gross way!) It's just got the flavors of both. So I used fresh scallions, cilantro, jalapeños (deseeded), a little garlic and mixed everything together with some cream cheese. Then put it in small container and store it in the fridge overnight or for a couple hours. That's it!
So easy to make and its really delicious!! Great for bagels or other sandwich spreads too!
How to make an easy Indian Brunch?
Grab some store bought naan and add in a sprinkle of Everything Bagel seasoning mix!!
These mini naan are the perfect size for breakfast. I just pop them in the oven for a few minutes, slather them with butter as soon as they're warmed and add some Everything seasoning right on that melted butter (I admit I can be pretty heavy handed with it but use at your own discretion!)
Turn these into veggie sandwiches!
As if there wasn't enough flavor with the everything naan with cilantro chutney cream cheese, but then I of course I had to go and add more! To really turn this into a hearty and delicious brunch, just add some fresh, sliced veggies. It's an amazing veggie sandwich with tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, even jalapeños! The fresh veggies with the creamy, spicy cream cheese spread and the texture of the everything seasoning is the best combo!
For more Indian inspired brunch recipes check out:
- Ghughra Sweet Rolls
- Mango Lassi Parfait
- Peach Ginger Chai Pastry
- Ricotta Fruit Toast – 3 Ways
- Idli Waffles with Instant Pot Sambar and a Quick Coconut Chutney
Everything Naan with Cilantro Chutney Cream Cheese
Everything Seasoned Naan
- 4 Naan
- butter for naan
- 1 tablespoon everything but the bagel seasoning
Cilantro Chutney Cream Cheese
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 2 tablespoons cilantro chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper finely diced
- 1 scallions finely diced
- 1 clove garlic grated
- ¼ teaspoon salt
Optional Sandwich Filling
- tomatoes sliced
- cucumbers sliced
- onions thinly sliced
- jalapeños thinly sliced
For Cilantro Chutney Cream Cheese
- Combine all ingredients for cream cheese into a small bowl, use a spatula to combine and incorporate veggies/herbs into cream cheese.
- Transfer to a airtight container, store in refrigerator until ready to serve. Best to make ahead at least 1 hour before serving, so the flavors have time to incorporate into the cream cheese.
- Preheat oven to 400° F or as instructed on the naan packaging. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Arrange naan on baking sheet and bake for 2-5 minutes or until soft and warm.
- Immediately after removing from oven, butter warm naan and sprinkle on the everything seasoning. Serve with chilled Cilantro Chutney Cream Cheese
- Optional: Turn it into a veggie sandwich by filling with sliced tomatoes, cucumbers, onions and jalapeños!