These espresso protein brownies are a perfect treat for coffee lovers. And for chocolate lovers! Which means its perfect for almost everyone! Especially if you're looking for a way to sneak in some extra protein, because the espresso flavor comes from a Chocolate Espresso Protein powder!
These brownies are great for those days when you're looking for a bit of indulgence! It satisfies that chocolate craving with a hint of caffeine plus a nice dose of protein. Now that's a great treat!!
What ingredients do I need to make espresso protein brownies?
- Coffee flavored protein powder- this is the brand that I use. I think the protein powder is delicious on its own. Plus it has the added collagen which is a really nice benefit to these brownies: protein and collagen!
- Cocoa Powder - look for a natural unsweetened version so you can control the sweetness yourself
- Vanilla Extract - the vanilla helps to bring out the sweetness flavor in the cocoa flavor
- Melted Butter - you can also use melted coconut oil in this recipe
- salt - just a pinch to really bring out the intense flavors of the chocolate and coffee
- All Purpose Flour
You can use any protein powder you prefer. If you are not able to get your hands on a coffee flavored protein powder, use either espresso powder or instant coffee granules to get a similar intense coffee flavor.
What else can I add?
- Nuts - go nuts with it! Add some chopped nuts right into the batter
- Chocolate - there's no such thing as too much chocolate, so feel free to add chocolate chips or chunks to the batter
- More coffee - You can definitely amp up the coffee flavor even more by adding either espresso powder or instant coffee granules. I do not recommend add in liquid coffee to this because the liquid to dry ratio will affect the baking time and texture of the brownies themselves
Espresso Protein Brownies
- 1 cup unsalted butter melted
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 scoops chocolate espresso protein powder
- 4 eggs
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Cream together melted butter and sugar. Add the vanilla extract and eggs, mix until combined. Add the protein powder, flour, salt and cocoa powder and stir to combine.
- Transfer to a 8x8 baking pan lined with parchment paper. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.