These espresso protein brownies are a perfect treat for coffee lovers. And for chocolate lovers! Which means its perfect for almost everyone! Especially if you're looking for a way to sneak in some extra protein, because the espresso flavor comes from a Chocolate Espresso Protein powder!
These brownies are great for those days when you're looking for a bit of indulgence! It satisfies that chocolate craving with a hint of caffeine plus a nice dose of protein. Now that's a great treat!!
What ingredients do I need to make espresso protein brownies?
- Coffee flavored protein powder- this is the brand that I use. I think the protein powder is delicious on its own. Plus it has the added collagen which is a really nice benefit to these brownies: protein and collagen!
- Cocoa Powder - look for a natural unsweetened version so you can control the sweetness yourself
- Vanilla Extract - the vanilla helps to bring out the sweetness flavor in the cocoa flavor
- Melted Butter - you can also use melted coconut oil in this recipe
- salt - just a pinch to really bring out the intense flavors of the chocolate and coffee
- All Purpose Flour
You can use any protein powder you prefer. If you are not able to get your hands on a coffee flavored protein powder, use either espresso powder or instant coffee granules to get a similar intense coffee flavor.
What else can I add?
- Nuts - go nuts with it! Add some chopped nuts right into the batter
- Chocolate - there's no such thing as too much chocolate, so feel free to add chocolate chips or chunks to the batter
- More coffee - You can definitely amp up the coffee flavor even more by adding either espresso powder or instant coffee granules. I do not recommend add in liquid coffee to this because the liquid to dry ratio will affect the baking time and texture of the brownies themselves
You might also be interested in Sugar-free Chocolate Glazed Vanilla Donuts, Triple Chocolate Banana Bread, Peanut Butter Pretzel Oatmeal Cookies
Espresso Protein Brownies
- 1 cup unsalted butter melted
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 scoops chocolate espresso protein powder
- 4 eggs
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Cream together melted butter and sugar. Add the vanilla extract and eggs, mix until combined. Add the protein powder, flour, salt and cocoa powder and stir to combine.
- Transfer to a 8x8 baking pan lined with parchment paper. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
Leave a Reply