Easy, sweet chocolate raspberry protein overnight oats topped with chocolate and cacao nibs for a little indulgence during breakfast!
This is such an easy breakfast. Make this in a mason jar the night before and your breakfast is ready to go in the morning. These overnight oats can even be served warmed. Just pop it in the microwave for about 30 seconds to a minute!
What is in Chocolate Raspberry Protein Overnight Oats?
- Rolled Oats - it does need to be old-fashioned rolled oats. You definitely cannot substitute with steel cut or quick cook oats in this one.
- Milk - you can use any type of milk you prefer, whole, skim, almond, soy. You just need a liquid for the oats to absorb and soften
- Yogurt - to give the oats a creamy consistency
- Honey - this one is completely optional. You can totally omit this if you're looking for a less sweet version or just reduce the sugars
- Raspberry Jam - I like to use a couple spoons of seedless raspberry jam, it gives the overnight oats a sweet and tart burst of flavor. If you're watching your sugar intake, replace with either sugar free jam or just plain raspberries (same flavor, even more texture!)
- Vanilla extract - for an additional sweet feel
- Protein powder - I like to use this creamy vanilla protein powder. I love the taste of this, just by itself and so I know it tastes delicious in recipes as well. The vanilla flavor pairs perfectly with the raspberry too!
- Chocolate chips - I mean is there a better combination than raspberry and chocolate?! This is for breakfast so I recommend just a few to sprinkle over top or melt some chips and drizzle on top.
- Cacao nibs - these tiny little nibbles add the perfect texture and chocolatey flavor for overnight oats!
How to make overnight oats?
Simply combine the oats with milk, yogurt, honey, vanilla and protein powder. In a mason jar (or a glass jar with a lid) layer half of the oats mixture, raspberry jam and the remaining oats mixture.
Refrigerate the jar overnight or at least 3 hours. And it's ready to top with chocolate or even enjoy as is!
You might also be interested in:
- Instant Pot Cinnamon Oatmeal
- Peanut Butter Pretzel Oatmeal Cookies
- Mango Lassi Parfait
- Sugar-free Chocolate Glazed Vanilla Donuts
Chocolate Raspberry Protein Overnight Oats
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ⅓ cup milk
- ¼ cup yogurt
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon honey optional
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 2 tablespoons raspberry jam
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon cacao nibs optional
- Mix together the oats, milk, yogurt, protein powder, vanilla extract and honey in a small bowl.
- In a mason jar or a glass jar with a lid, scoop half of the oats mixture into the bottom. Layer with the raspberry jam and then the rest of the oats. Close the lid and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- When ready to enjoy, top with chocolate chips and cacao nibs. Or melt the chocolate chips in a microwaveable bowl, then pour the chocolate over the oats. Add the cacao nibs over the melted chocolate and enjoy immediately.