What's better than opening a box of chocolate covered strawberries from your someone special? Nothing! Well...except maybe these delightful little chocolate covered strawberry cheesecakes! They are adorable! But they're also so easy to make! Eggless, no-bake cheesecakes, with simple ingredients.
How can I make cheesecake without an oven?
Both the crust and the cheesecake can be made in a food processor or blender! How crazy is that? Making a cheesecake flavored dessert in the blender! Yeah, no oven, no water bath, no tricky temperature setting.
Just a blender a muffin pan (plus muffin liners, for easy set up and clean up) and a freezer to set the filling.
Each mini cheesecake has three layers: a cookie crumb crust, the eggless strawberry cheesecake, and a hard chocolate topping.
What better crust is there for a chocolate covered strawberry cheesecake than a chocolate flavored one right? So grab some Oreo cookies and a little melted butter (it helps to keep the crust together but also yum!) Pulse the cookies into crumbs in the blender.
Next wash out the blender and grab the filling ingredients.
strawberries + softened cream cheese + sugar + vanilla extract
It's the perfect balance of sweet, tart and tangy. The texture of the filling is like a smooth strawberry cheesecake ice cream! Sweet and creamy.
Blend together the filling, gently fold in whipped topping and pour into muffin cups over the cookie crumbs crust.
Freeze the cheesecakes for 4 hours. Surprise someone special with these delightful chocolate covered strawberry cheesecakes!
For more sweet treats, check out Triple Chocolate and Cream Cookies , Snickerdoodle Dulce de Leche Cupcakes , Apple Cheesecake Tart with Almond Shortbread Crust
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cheesecakes
- 1 8 oz cream cheese softened to room temperature
- ¼-½ cup sugar start with the ¼, add more depending on the tartness of the strawberries
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup strawberries chopped
- ½ cup whipped topping
- 10 Oreo cookies
- 3 tablespoon butter melted
- ½-1 cup dark chocolate melting wafers
- Place muffin liners into a muffin pan and set aside.
- Add the Oreo cookies and the melted butter into the blender. Pulse into you get crumbs. It does not have to be fine crumbs. Divide the crumb mixture into the muffin liners, lightly press the crumbs down. Place the pan into the freezer while preparing the filling.
- Wash the blender jar. Add the softened cream cheese, strawberries, sugar, vanilla extract to the blender. Blend until the mixture is smooth.
- Pour the strawberry cheesecake mixture into a bowl and add the whipped topping. gently fold the whipped topping into the strawberry cheesecake mixture.
- Remove the muffin pan from the freezer, pour the strawberry cheesecake filling over the crust, divide the filling evenly among the 12 cups.
- Place the muffin pan back in the freezer for at least 4 hours to set.
- Using the liners for grip, remove the cheesecakes from the pan and then remove the cheesecakes from the liners and place on a parchment or paper towel lined baking sheet.
- Melt the chocolate melting wafers in a microwave safe bowl. Carefully spoon the chocolate into a small plastic baggie, cut a small corner and quickly drizzle over the tops of the cheesecakes.
- Return to the the freezer to allow the chocolate to set.
- Remove from freezer 5 minutes before serving.
Recipe adapted from no bake strawberry cheesecake recipe