This cherry rose pistachio cherry trifle may be embarrassingly easy to make but its so delicious that no will care! To really make a holiday themed dessert, I decided to be festive with the flavors and the colors with this one. Hence the red and green colors! Layers of pound cake, rose-syrup soaked cherries, pistachio pudding, cherry jam and whipped cream!
What's a trifle?
A trifle is a layered English dessert. The layers usually consist of cake or ladyfingers, a custard, fruit (in gelatin, jam or fresh form) and topped with whipped cream.
Cherry Rose Pistachio Trifle
Here are the layers for the trifle:
- Store bought pound cake - cut into cubes
- Pistachio pudding
- Cherry Jam
- Rose syrup soaked cherries
- Whipped cream topping
- Garnished with pistachios and cherries
See what I mean, by embarrassingly easy? There is zero baking and barely even making involved! All you need to do is put together a bunch of store bought items and put it into a pretty bowl!
How do I make a trifle?
- First, just prep all of the layers.
- Prepare the pudding, according to the package instructions and then just set in the refrigerator to chill.
- Soak the cherries in the rose syrup. I simmer the frozen cherries and rose syrup in a little bit of water for a few minutes so they combine nicely. Then remove from the heat.
- Cut the pound into cubes. You should make them small, about 1 inch cubes. This way they are bite sized but not so small they crumble everywhere.
- Check the consistency of the jam. You want it to be like a thick sauce. If you are not able to drizzle it, whisk in some water until you reach a consistency that you can drizzle thickly.
- Now grab your trifle bowl or glasses for individual servings and start layering. I like to add a little bit of cherry jam to the bottom and the layer the pound cake cubes, pistachio pudding, whipped cream, and rose syrup soaked cherries. See if you can make a second layer and then top it with all the remaining whipped cream and cherries!
You might also be interested in White Winter Cosmo, Orange Cardamom Sugar Cookies, Easy Rosemary Garlic Focaccia, Rose Tea Cake Cookies
Cherry Rose Pistachio Trifle
- 1 pound cake cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 pistachio pudding mix make according to package directions, chill
- 10 ounces cherry jam
- 2 cups frozen cherries
- 2 tablespoons rose syrup
- 8 ounces whipped topping
- pistachios chopped, for garnish
- edible rose petals optional
- In a small saucepan, add frozen cherries and rose syrup. Add a few tablespoons of water to help heat the mixture together. Let simmer for 5 minutes, remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Place the cherry jam in a small bowl, check the consistency. If you are looking for something you can scoop and drizzle but not be too thin. Whisk in a tablespoon of water at a time to the jam until you get a sauce-like consistency. Set aside.
- To make the trifle, I set out individual glasses. Layer with a spoon of cherry jam, cubes of pound cake, a dollap of whipped cream, a few of the rose-soaked cherries. Repeat those layers one more time. Top with the remaining whipped cream and garnish with remaining cherries, chopped pistachios and edible rose petals
- Chill the trifle glasses until ready to serve. Trifle can be served immediately or made ahead. I do not recommend making it more than 24 hours before serving.
Leave a Reply