These chaat masala mixed nuts are the perfect snack when the after lunch munchies strike! I'm always digging through the snack cabinet looking for something thats not super guilty but is satisfying enough to hold me over until dinner. Having this homemade mix on hand is so ideal! I can make a big batch of this, store in that snack cabinet and it lasts me a couple days!
Healthy, fresh and simple ingredients!
- Mixed Nuts: Almonds, Cashews, Peanuts
- Seeds: Pumpkin seeds
I used almonds, cashews, peanuts and pumpkin seeds for my mix, but feel free to make it your own and use your own blend of mixed nuts! I prefer to buy the raw nuts individually, usually in bulk. They're so much more versatile that way and you can control the seasoning completely that way.
Chaat Masala Seasoning
Chaat masala is a spicy, savory, tangy seasoning mix that gets added into many Indian snack recipes. You can make your own blend or use a pre-made mix. I prefer to use a pre-made mix right now, just to save time! You find multiple brands of chaat seasoning mix in Indian grocery stores or online.
The great thing about chaat masala is that its such a complete seasoning, you really don't need to add anything else! A couple spoonfuls of chaat seasoning the roasted nuts become highly addictive!
Believe me, its worth the 5 minute prep and 20 minute cooking time to make yourself a batch of these chaat masala mixed nuts! They're great on their own but would also be amazing as an appetizer or included in a cheese board!
Chaat Masala Mixed Nuts
- 1 cup almonds
- ½ cup cashews
- ½ cup peanuts
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chaat masala
- 1 teaspoon salt optional
- Pre-heat oven to 300°F, prep a baking sheet by lining with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Add almonds, cashews, peanuts, pumpkin seeds to a small bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle the chaat masala over the mixed nuts. Stir to distribute the olive oil and masala. Spread the mixed nuts to the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Stir and bake for an additional 10 minutes. Stir again and check for doneness. Nuts should be slightly browned. Remember the nuts will continue to roast a little bit even after removed. Once lightly browned, remove from oven. Set aside and cool for 10 minutes.
- Taste for salt, add additional salt only if needed. Transfer mixture to a jar. Serve as a snack or even as a topping for hummus or yogurt!