Searching for another way to infuse pumpkin spice into something? You have to try these baked pumpkin spice glazed donuts today! (Halloween themed sprinkles are optional). But not really if you have kids who love sprinkle donuts. Ok ok, who am I kidding here, the adults in the house love sprinkle donuts as well!
Double the Pumpkin Spice!
So you will not miss the pumpkin flavor in this recipe! There is pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice in the batter. Plus there is pumpkin pie spice in the glaze! It is not an overload of pumpkin pie spice, trust me! These have just as much pumpkin spice flavor as the Dunkin Donuts pumpkin donuts!
Super quick and versatile batter!
These baked pumpkin spice glazed donuts are great because they are quick and super easy to whip up. The amounts listed in the recipe are for a small batch, perfect for a single donut pan. I guess its just another reason for me to say that I did not feel guilty about finishing these donuts so quickly! Leave your judgements elsewhere lol!
Another great thing about this recipe is that since it is a baked donut, you can actually turn this recipe into a muffin recipe instead. Instead of running out to get a special donut pan, just pipe the batter into a muffin pan instead and you can be enjoying pumpkin spice muffins. The taste is all that matters here and its delicious!
Don't forget to add some additional spice to your breakfast with these recipes!
Baked Pumpkin Spice Glaze Donuts
- .875 cup all purpose flour hint (½ cup + 6 tablespoons)
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ cup oil
- 6 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ pumpkin puree
- ⅙ cup milk hint (2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Pumkin Spice Donuts
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Mix together the all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Combine the oil, brown sugar, egg, pumpkin puree, milk and vanilla extract in a medium bowl. Whisk together until smooth.
- Start adding the flour mixture to the wet mixture. Add a little at a time until the dry mixture has been incorporated.
- Spoon the batter into a donut pan. To make it easier, spoon the batter into a large ziploc bag, cut a corner and pipe the batter into the donut molds.
- Bake the donuts for 10 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Transfer the donuts to a wire rack to cool.
Pumpkin Spice Glaze
- Combine all of the ingredients for the glaze into a mixing bowl. Use a stand mixer or hand mixer mix until well combined and glossy.
- Dip the cooled donuts into the glaze and place back on the cooling rack to set.
- Add sprinkles if using.