These baked jalapeño poppers with cream cheese are so easy to make, they are the perfect party appetizer! Jalapeño peppers stuffed with a veggie flavored cream cheese, topped with buttery croton crumbs and then baked until melty. I like to serve them with a sweet and spicy pepper jelly, yum!!
Ingredients for Jalapeño Poppers with Cream Cheese
- Jalapeno Peppers - Grab as many as you need. And remember, each jalapeno pepper will be cut in half, so you get 2 poppers for every pepper
- Cream Cheese - Softened to room temperature
- Veggies - I like to flavor the cream cheese filling with garlic, chives, scallions and bell peppers
- Crotons - Crushed up crotons make the perfect buttery crumb topping! They already seasoned and ready to go, and they bake up nice and crispy!
How to make Baked Jalapeño Poppers
Prep the Jalapenos. You might want to wear gloves when handling the jalapeno peppers. Carefully slice each pepper in half lengthwise and then scoop out the seeds and membranes. So you have left with a little jalapeno boat that will hold the cheesy filling.
Make the Veggie Cream Cheese Filling. Mix together the softened cream cheese and all of the veggies you are using. Just make sure the veggies are finely diced so they are easier to mix and distribute into the peppers.
Fill the Jalapeno Peppers. Use a spoon to scoop the prepared veggie cream cheese mixture into the jalapeno peppers and transfer them to a baking sheet.
Make the Croton Crumb Topping. Crush the crotons into crumbs using a food processor. Sprinkle the crumbs over the cream cheese filled jalapeno peppers.
Bake and serve! Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
What to serve with Jalapeño Poppers?
I like to serve these warm with some Hot Pepper Jelly. I think the sweet and spicy flavors of the jelly perfectly compliment the cheesy, creamy, spicy poppers.
Baked Jalapeño Poppers with Cream Cheese
- 10-15 jalapeno peppers
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 1 scallion finely diced
- ¼ cup red bell pepper finely diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon chives chopped
- ½ cup crotons
- salt & pepper to taste
- pepper jelly optional, to serve with
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Prep the jalapeño peppers by slicing them in half and then removing all of the seeds and membranes.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, scallions, garlic, chives, salt and pepper. Mix until well combined.
- Scoop about 1 tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture into each jalapeno half, then place on the prepared baking tray.
- In a food processor, pulse the crotons until they are fine crumbs. Sprinkle the croton crumbs over the cream cheese filled jalapeno peppers.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with pepper jelly.